Interested in joining the JLD team? View below for current openings.
Junior/Associate Cost Estimator
Overview of Role
Engineer / Cost Estimator to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office. New graduates and experienced individuals are both welcome to apply.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture is required.
- Understanding of architectural designs and associated cost strategies
- Cost control in the education, transportation, airports, municipal, state and Federal market sectors.
- Experience with conceptual and detailed measurement / pricing
- Experience with estimating software systems, onscreen takeoff software and BIM
- Professional certifications preferred
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance.
- 401K – 3% Minimum Company Contribution + Profit Sharing
- 4 weeks – time off work, which includes Holidays, sick leave, and Personal Time Off (PTO).
- Public Transit Commuter fair and/or Parking reimbursement.
- 40-hour work week, not the 50-60 common in this industry.
- Education Loan Reimbursement – Pre-Tax Annual Loan Payments.
- Pension Plan (SEP)
The Cost Estimator is responsible for all independent construction cost control functions for review of the construction projects change orders including complete estimates, value analysis, schedule of values, comparisons, assisting with feasibility studies, and historical cost reports. This individual can perform cost control functions on multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously.
- Preparation of construction related cost estimates, cost plans, and cost strategies
- Change order reviews and valuations of work in progress and bid analyses
- Preparation of studies and plans on value engineering, life cycle costing, and sustainable practices
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned
JLD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a resume with experience and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to [email protected].
Email: [email protected]
OR: (503) 675-4383
WA: (206) 775-8707
Portland, OR 97204
1837 NE Kristi Ct
Bend, OR 97701
506 2nd Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104
© 2021 JLD Cost Consulting LLC